Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday 8 July 2012

NEW JENNIFER & ENRIQUE INTERVIEW


Dynamic duo? Yeah, you could say that. Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias are performing together on a North American tour. We spoke to the mega performers on a conference call, while J.Lo was on a stop in Brazil and Enrique was chilling at home in Miami. The sure to be sizzling summer tour (minus Wisin y Yandel, who recently dropped out) kicks off July 14 in Canada and rolls into the AmericanAirlines Arena Aug. 31 and Sept. 1.
Are you hoping to expand your fans by appearing on the same bill?
Lopez: I feel like we probably share some fans, but I think we’re definitely going to introduce each other to a whole new set of fans as well. I think with these type of tours . . . when you have two artists come together that you do have that thing that happens, where you’ll have that person in the audience who doesn’t really know your music, and they’re only there to see Enrique or only there to see me, and then they’ll be like, “Oh my God, I love them now.”


Are you anticipating being on stage at all together?
Iglesias: Yeah, we’re planning it. Jennifer’s show is so different than my show, and that’s what I think fans are gonna appreciate. Her show is a little more synchronized, a little more — I don’t want to say ‘elaborate’ in a way, but obviously more dancers, more costume changes. I’m a guy, so when it comes down to costume changes, I get a little more lazy. One’s more a Madonna show, the other one’s more a U2 show.
Do you guys have a lineup?
Lopez: We’re still talking about all that. I think that Enrique should close. I’ll go first. I’ll be home in time to put the babies to bed.
Iglesias: I was even thinking at some point maybe I should just watch from the audience.
LopezAll those screaming girls for you, you have to go first! You have to close.
Iglesias: We’re figuring that out. Look, whatever works well, the thing is that we’re both on the same team. . . . We won’t know that until we go on stage. Or maybe at one point, Jennifer and I will do the dancing, which would be cool. You haven’t seen my dancing, but you’ll see. I can actually bust a move.
What songs do you like of each other’s?
Iglesias: I would have to say it’s probably the first one that I heard from her, If You Had My Love, just because at the time that it came out, it was a very significant time for Hispanic artists. I remember hearing that song and I remember watching the videos, saying, “Well, this makes total sense, and it’s perfect,” and you just felt that it was going to be huge.
Lopez: Oh, God, there’s so many. I would have to say the one that sticks in my head the most is alwaysBailamos. I just loved it. I just always remember him. That’s a very iconic moment for Enrique, maybe because it was his big kind of entrance into the market. It’s those moments that, like, stay stuck in your head, that the person just becomes a part of pop culture.
Is the show going to change if the audience is more heavily Latino?
Lopez: I don’t think it matters. We both do pop music. Enrique’s done a lot of Spanish music. I’ve done one Spanish album. I think it’s gonna be very bilingual. It’s kind of funny because I’m touring through South America right now, and [all] my music is in English. I think of myself as so Latina, and then I come here and I’m like, “Wow, I don’t have a bunch of Spanish songs to sing.”
Iglesias: I agree with Jennifer. It’s a bi-cultural tour: a Puerto Rican American and me being Spanish and growing up in the U.S. And we sing music in Spanish and in English . . . . We’ve never been to a place in America where we haven’t seen at least one Hispanic person.
How do you keep up with your family, health and relationships while on the road?
Iglesias: That’s a tough thing, balancing both of them. I kind of put a little bit of rule on my team, that I tell them that I don’t want to be away from the house more than two weeks, and make sure that I get back home, even it’s just for one day or two days, to just be able to relax and to just hang out. It really helps me.
Does either of you have any backstage routines?
Lopez: I have to stretch out a lot and warm up because I have to dance a whole bunch. You know how it is with girls: the hair and the makeup and the costumes and the crystals and everything to the last minute. It’s about getting warm and getting ready to go out there and give my best. I don’t have any like weird rituals or need to get Zen or anything like that. I like getting pumped.
Iglesias: I just like to be myself in the dressing room and drink rum. I don’t have my trainer or nutritionist. A little bit of rum gets rid of the nerves. That’s what I do.
Tickets: stubhub.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment